Skip to content
We take your privacy very seriously
- We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
- This Policy is created in compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
- We will only collect, use and disclose your personal information if it is reasonably necessary for the functions and activities associated with our objective to protect, promote and restore rev16 and natural processes across Australia for the survival and ongoing evolution of life on Earth.
- Personal information means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable whether the information or opinion is true or not; and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
- Sensitive information means:
–information or an opinion about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual orientation or practices, criminal record;
–health information about an individual,
–genetic information about an individual that is not otherwise health information;
–biometric information that is to be used for the purpose of automated biometric verification or biometric identification, or
What personal information do we collect?
- The type of personal information that we collect and hold will depend on the nature of your dealings with us.
- We may collect personal information from you including your name, postal and residential address, email address, telephone numbers, age, date of birth, occupation / job title, name of employer, credit card and bank account details tax file number, superannuation details, and driver’s license.
- It may also be necessary to collect sensitive information from you including information about any medical conditions that you have.
How do we collect personal information?
- We will generally collect personal information directly from the owner of the personal information.
- For instance we solicit and collect personal information when distributing a petition, requesting donations, forms, face-to-face meetings, email correspondence, telephone calls, and hard copy mail, expressions of interests / applications to participate in an event, requesting information for bequests, and advertising for employment and volunteer opportunities.
- We may collect personal information from individuals such as staff members, people making enquiries, bequest makers, volunteers, donors, members, and contractors.
- On occasion, we may collect personal information from a third party. For example, we purchase the personal information of potential donors from a trustworthy third party to help us expand our support-base and attract more donations.
- We will generally obtain consent from the owner of personal information to collect their personal information. Consent will usually be provided in writing however sometimes it may be provided orally or may be implied through a person’s conduct.
- We will endeavour to only ask you for personal information that is reasonably necessary for the activities that you are seeking to be involved in.